The information below has been updated on Tuesday, June 16, 2020.
868 is open for on-site consumption (yeah!) and curbside pickup, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Sundays from 11 – 6PM. We are open late on Fridays and Saturdays from 11 to 8:30PM.
- While the Tasting Room is closed to guests (except for the restrooms), our outside areas are all open. Enjoy this beautiful natural environment while drinking some of Virginia’s finest estate-grown wines! We are currently serving wine by the bottle only (no tastings)
- The Grill at 868 is open Saturdays and Sundays and serves casual favorites including pulled pork BBQ, hamburgers, hot dogs and chicken sandwiches.
- We have plenty of picnic tables, but to ensure you have a spot, we recommend throwing a blanket or chairs in your car before you head out to see us. Pop-up tents are welcome!
- When you arrive, check in with our host and we’ll get you comfortably seated. Come into the Tasting Room to order or place your order from our cheerful Wine Cart in the picnic area.
- Feel free to bring a picnic (and a wine chiller from home), but no outside alcohol, of course!
- All groups are limited to fifty or fewer guests.
- Grandale Restaurant is not currently open.
Our team at 868 Estate will do the following to keep you safe:
- Wear PPE at all times when interacting with customers – we promise we’re smiling under our masks!
- Ensure our design of seating and traffic flow allows for 6ft+ social distancing throughout the property
- Keep our physical distance – while we wish we could shake hands or give you a hug, we’ll stay 6ft away for now for our safety & yours
- Provide our guests with a safe and hospitable environment that is frequently sanitized and sparkling clean
In the spirit of keeping everyone involved happy, healthy, and safe, we ask that guests visiting 868 Estate follow these guidelines:
- Only visit 868 Estate (or anywhere else!) when you are fever & symptom-free
- Wear a mask when entering, moving through the property, or using the restrooms. Of course, you’re welcome to remove your mask when seated at your table – it is hard to drink wine with a mask on!
- Respect social distancing guidelines by maintaining a 6ft or greater distance from anyone outside of those in your immediate party
- Leave the tables in their designated places and do not visit with other tables.
There are now four ways to order:
- Enjoy wine on site! Check in with our host and we’ll get you comfortably seated. Come into the Tasting Room to order or place your order from our cheerful Wine Cart in the picnic area.
- Curbside pick up: place an order through our “Shop” on our website. Select “PickUp” instead of Shipping and enter the date that you’d like to pick up. When you arrive, please call us in the Tasting Room at 540-668-7008 and we will deliver your wine to your car.
- UPS Delivery: place an order through our “Shop” on our website. If the delivery will be made in AK, FL, MD, MN, DC, VA or CA, you can complete your order and we will pack and ship wine to you within two days.
- UPS Delivery for all those other states: If you live in a state not listed above, your wine order will be processed by our shipping distributor, Vinoshipper. You will create an account with them, select your wine and pay. They will send the order to us and we will get it out thru UPS within two days.
We will look forward to seeing you at the vineyard or online very soon.
All the best (and with a virtual hug from us),
Nancy Deliso, Co-Owner